Sunday 3 June 2012

back to the future ?



i am sitting here watching 'Back to the future' - a brilliant film that i first watched 27 years ago...when i was 10.
i am now screening it for my own 10 year old.
time flies, huh? or does it?

when i think about the past 27 years and i think about what part, or parts, of my timeline would i go back to and attempt to change/alter/mend if i could...
i get lost in thought. easily.

BUT then i think about my present and i think about how it wouldn't be all that it is without all of the days of my past.

we are the sum part of all of the moments, experiences, connections and days of our lives. literally. 

i think about who i am and the way that i have learned to respond to certain situations, the way that i relate to different people, the way that i raise my daughters and more - and i know that i am who i am because of all of the days i have lived through...so far.

they have been training ground for my character...which makes me hope that who i am today is the best version of me that i have ever been. and that tomorrow i'll be even more like who i was created to be.

i am glad that my past is not my future.

i am equally glad that my future is not my present.

so...time is time.

there is a time for everything...and everything has it's time. i don't want to mess with that. or His plans for the days ahead.

so...i'll stay here. in the moment. yes, i'm choosing to live in the moment. [thank you Jason Mraz for that sweet soundtrack now playing in my head]

after all...if i went back and changed or altered anything i might hear Doc say "anything you do or say could have serious repercussions on future events", like he did to Marty...and i wouldn't change a thing.

especially since i have surrendered the good, bad and ugly to Him. all of it. and He is making something beautiful out of all of the days of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment