Thursday 7 June 2012

different choices. different results.



surely we have all heard the old saying, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results".

i have heard it.
and i have done it.
i have lived it.
in different ways over the years of my life...and it certainly all lead to me feeling, and often behaving - insane.

but i expected that to change as i changed...but i have realized that it's actually my CHOICES that need to change - not just me. 
i need to make choices that breathe life, that speak dignity, that reveal truth.
that reveal to me that i am, in fact, growing up. 

i am getting there.
every day is another day filled with choices.
every day.

i hope that i make the right ones.
i hope.

because they all have consequences.
all of them.

i want to live the kind of life where i can reflect on EVERY day and see the 'stop to smell the roses" moments. the kind of life where i get to stop & look at clouds while i ponder new ways to change the world. the kind of life where love matters. the kind of life where i can breathe in sweetness and breathe out joy. i want that.

so, what will i have to do?
make different choices...and get different results.

every day.

reflecting & knowing that to get different results I need to make different choices.
so I am.
I hope you do too. 
new day dawning.

or not.
my choice.
your choice.

i choose "yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment